If I pass away leaving minor children, what happens to them?

It depends on your unique circumstances.

If you are married and your spouse survives you, he or she will likely take guardianship of the children by default. However, if you are single, divorced, or widowed, then a court must decide who should take the guardianship of your children.

If you have minor children, making a will is extremely important. It will allow you to select a person you trust to care for your children in the event you pass away. This is a very emotional and difficult decision and should not be left up to a court.

Protect your children by using our ISLAMIC WILL software to prepare your own customized Islamic estate plan that is legally valid for your state, which will allow you to appoint a guardian for your minor children.

Shariawiz is an online service that provides legal forms and information about Islamic inheritance. Shariawiz is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. Use of this website is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.